for Healthcare Education
at Miami University
Welcome to the website of the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare Education.
Established in 1994 through a gift by Dr. Thomas H. Mallory and Kelly S. Mallory, the Thomas H. Mallory Center for Premedical Education reflected the Mallorys' strong belief that students planning a career in healthcare should be fully informed of the issues facing today's professionals. In recognition of Dr. David Wilson's contributions as Director, Dr. and Mrs. Mallory requested in 2007 that the official name be The Thomas H. Mallory and David F. Wilson Center for Healthcare Education.
The mission of the Center is to enhance and enrich pre-health education at Miami University by exposing students to the current dynamics and issues of the healthcare profession, and to the particular nature and reality of the practice of medicine.
Our activities are focused on
- the nature of healthcare as a profession,
- the lifestyle of the healthcare professional of the future,
- cultural expectations of today's healthcare professional, and
- accountability — in terms of personal lifestyle, service to patients and service to the profession.
- Current Issues in Medicine (ZOO 400 Capstone Course)
- Mallory-Wilson Center Premedical Living Learning Community (Office of Residence Life)
- Internships ("preceptorships")
The Center relies on contributions, and we are very grateful for the support of Dr. and Mrs. Mallory, as well as alumni, parents and friends.