Jewish Studies Program at Miami University
Support the Program
The Jewish Studies is an interdisciplinary minor open to all Miami students. The minor offers students a variety of critical approaches to Jewish history, religion, thought, and culture from Ancient times to the present. Jewish Studies is a flexible minor that encourages students to pursue their particular interests across a wide range of disciplines and periods. In addition to classes offered in a wide variety of departments, we sponsor speakers and events that enrich the education of our students.
It is only through the wonderful generosity of donors to the Jewish Studies Program that this is at all possible. Please take a few minutes and consider how valuable a resource this is to our students and help us continue these efforts with a gift.
There are several ways you can help us.
These gifts allow the Program to apply your gift to the area of greatest need.
- Sponsor symposia or a speakers fund for topics related to any aspect of Jewish history or culture
- Grants to offset travel expenses for students to visit museums in the United States or to study in Israel
- Scholarships in Jewish Studies to recruit the very best students to attend Miami and to reward excellence at Miami
- Create a classroom enrichment fund to support the purchase of films
Please contact Evan Lichtenstein at the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 to find out how you can provide support for these areas.
How To Make Your Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate Jewish Studies Program on the memo line, and send to:
Jewish Studies Program
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
or give online:
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund box.
- Type in Jewish Studies Program in the Other (please specify other fund for contribution) box.
Donors may transfer donate assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the Jewish Studies Program, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.