Institute for the Environment & Sustainability
at Miami University
All of our programs emphasize both disciplinary depth and interdisciplinary breadth to environmental science and sustainability. Students are prepared to communicate effectively, use problem-solving approaches, and work in interdisciplinary teams, skills that translate into successful careers in today's complex and changing professional environment.
Your generous support helps undergraduates in the environmental science and sustainability co-majors in research or internship experiences, and graduate assistantships or travel to professional meetings for students in the master of environmental science program. Gifts can also support student team projects that provide professional experiences for students and community outreach to public and non-profit organizations.
These gifts allow us to apply your gift to the area of greatest need.
- Student internships, research experiences, and service learning projects
- Student travel for research or professional meetings
- Student scholarships and assistantships
- Seminar series for visiting scholars and professionals
- Instrumentation for analysis of soil and water quality
- Interdisciplinary faculty research on the environment and sustainability
Please contact Evan Lichtenstein at the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 to find out how you can provide support for these areas.
How to Make a Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate Institute for the Environment & Sustainability on the memo line, and send to:
Institute for the Environment and Sustainability
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
or give online:
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund box.
- Type in Institute for the Environment & Sustainability in the Other (please specify other fund for contribution) box.
Donors may transfer assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the Institute for the Environment & Sustainability, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.