Black World Studies at Miami University
Support the Program
The Black World Studies Program offers a unique opportunity for our students to gain a better understanding of the historical, social, economic and political experiences, value orientations, and cultural expressions of Africans and people of African descent in the U.S. and worldwide. BWS is committed to providing our students clear, reliable and accurate knowledge about the black diaspora as well as preparing them to meet the challenges of the new global village.
It is only through the wonderful generosity of donors to the BWS Program that we can dream of success. Please take a few minutes and consider how valuable a resource this is to our students and help us continue these efforts with a gift.
There are several ways you can help us.
These gifts allow us to apply your gift to the area of greatest need.
- Speaker/Lecture Series related to current scholarship/research on the black diaspora
- Assistance to students who struggle to purchase textbooks for classes
- Scholarships to our very best students
- Enhancement of BWS documentary and film library
- Travel grants for students and faculty to attend conferences
- Student excursions to museums and sites of historical significance to the black diaspora
- Annual graduation banquet to celebrate the achievements of our students
Please contact Evan Lichtenstein at the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 to find out how you can provide support for these areas.
How To Make Your Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate Black World Studies Program on the memo line, and send to:
Black World Studies Program
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
or give online:
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund box.
- Type in Black World Studies Program in the Other (please specify other fund for contribution) box.
Donors may transfer donate assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the Black World Studies Program, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.