American Studies at Miami University
Support the Program
With its interdisciplinary curriculum focused on individualized student-centered learning, the American Studies Program at Miami University is committed to providing the perspective and intellectual skills necessary to understand, contextualize, and critically engage the opportunities and challenges of our complex, interconnected, global world. By exploring American culture from a range of perspectives and considering America as a nation, a place, and an ideal, students gain an understanding of how they are shaped by American culture as well as how they can shape American culture.
Our motto in American Studies at Miami is "Create Your Own Future." Donations to the AMS program can help to make this goal a reality for our students. Please consider what a valuable resource the American Studies Program is to Miami University and help us continue these efforts with a gift.
These gifts allow us to apply your gift to the area of greatest need in the AMS program.
- Scholarships to our very best students
- Internship grants to support summer internships for our students
- Research grants for student research in the United States
- Travel grants for students who participate in U.S. conferences or study abroad
- Financial support for events such as lectures, fieldtrips, and workshops benefiting American Studies students and faculty
- Assistance for students who struggle to purchase books and supplies for coursework
Please contact Evan Lichtenstein at the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 to find out how you can provide support for these areas.
How To Make Your Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate American Studies on the memo line, and send to:
American Studies Program
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
or give online:
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund box.
- Type in American Studies in the Other (please specify other fund for contribution) box.
Donors may transfer donate assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the American Studies Program, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.