College of Arts & Science & University Studies
Senior Check List
Check general and major requirements:
- Consult your DARS.
- Meet with your College of Arts and Science advisor.
- Meet with your faculty advisor(s) or Chief Departmental Advisor for your major(s) and minor(s).
Apply to graduate (whether or not you attend the ceremony):
- Submit an application to the Commencement Office.
Register with Career Services for:
- career advising
- career fairs and expos
- job search resources
- workshops on job search strategies, preparing resumes and cover letters, etc.
- mock interviews practice
- on-campus interviews with potential employers
- online resume database (CAREERlink) [login required]
Prepare for graduate or professional schools:
- Identify graduate and professional programs with your faculty/pre-professional advisor.
- Research specific graduate and professional programs through Career Services.
- Review The Graduate School Option [PDF].
- Take or retake (if appropriate) graduate school admission tests (i.e. GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.).
- Check application deadlines, including those for assistantships and fellowships.
- Request letters of recommendation.